Wednesday, October 29, 2008

9 days on

I am steadily losing weight at the rate of about 600grams per day.

The narrowness of the hernia repair can get really tight but I am dealing with it quite nicley. Sometimes I forget and take a whole spoonful of something and then I have to wait until I feel it pass through before I eat more.
I am still wearing the hospital teds (compression stockings) for another 5 days and although I am looking forward to not wearing them, my ankles have never been better than with them on.
I am back at the shop in Swan Hill but I can't drive so I have to be driven over and back. This looked like a no brainer because Jack has his L plates and goes to school in Swan Hill but he has gastro so today Reid drove me over and I will be picked up at the end of the day by our farm manager and his family. Reid will be at council.
My blood pressure has been all over the shop and for the last few days it has been low/normal without tablets whilst in hospital it was dangerously high. I monitor it about 3 times a day. I am lucky that I bought the machine a couple of year ago. I have had the readings compared to a manual reading and it is spot on so I feel condident doing it myself.
I am still very tired. Yesterday Jack spent the day with me at the shop and because it was quiet we shut early and went home. When we got there we both went to bed and slept. I managed to get up about 1 1/2 hours later for a couple of hours.

Time for lunch.

I can choose from soup or yoghurt or pureed fruit. I think I will go with the fruit.

Kerry

No comments: