Sunday, November 30, 2008

Trying to adjust to solids

Well I decided that the school reunion this weekend would be a good time to start solids.

Attempt 1

Lunch - Tiny quiche.....so far so good


Attempt 2

Dinner - Sausage are soft, I'll try one of those with some egg and some pasta. Slice off a bit of sausage and chew what I think is an adequate amount of time and swallow. Try a bit of pasta salad too. Then the tightness in the chest began and people started asking are you o.k? Ella who is ten asked and I threw up into my hands. Ella quickly got her Mum and I'm throwing up in the garden.

I ate the egg whites and that was it.

Attempt 3

Breakfast - coffee

Attempt 4

Lunch - bits of chicken, ham and sliced pork. All chewed very well and swallowed.


Later - I then decided to look for something soft that I wouldn't have to struggle with and took a piece of cake/slice which I thought looked nice and then I got a serve from another woman about what I chose. She tried to take it out of my hands and to say the least I was very offended. My dietitian told me that there was no need to go on a food funeral before the surgery because I would be able to eat anything I wanted still.
I ate half, which is all I ever intended to have and threw the rest in the bin.

Tomorrow I will speak to Melanie, the dietitian again to get some more handy hints and then I'm on my own devices until mid January.

I am losing about 1kg per week now which is more realistic than the original weight loss I had.

I am still a very happy camper.

Mini Goal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

No comments: